Our goal is to keep the ordering process as simple as possible. Shipping times vary from 1-3 business days and delivery time varies between 1-7 business days if your electric bike is in stock.
Please read through this instructional guide so you can understand how the process works and what you should expect to happen once you place your order with us.
- You will receive an order confirmation e-mail as soon as you place your order. This means that we have authorized your credit card for the purchase and are preparing your order for shipment.
- As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our warehouse to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment.
- If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will reach out to you via e-mail.
- If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment, we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
- If your order is stock and your credit card is approved by our fraud guarantee department, the electric bike ordered will ship within 1-2 business days from the date of your order.
- We will send you the tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
- We ship daily via UPS Ground, Fed Ex Ground, Road Runner Freight and AIT Worldwide Freight to the lower 48 states. Most all orders will ship the same day as ordered if the order is submitted before 1pm PST (some exceptions apply, some part & freight orders may not ship until the following day). Some parts orders and freight shipments are subject to ship the following business day if the order is placed close to the 1pm cutoff time.
- Shipping costs are included with any unit going ground to the lower 48 states. AK & HI ship by AIR at additional cost. We do not offer COD. If a customer wishes to use their own shipping account to expedite service, they must notify us immediately, provide a prepaid shipping label and schedule a pickup with our warehouse. They can contact our Customer Care Department to obtain shipping weights and dimensions, warehouse address for pickup and directions for sending the prepaid label.
- Air Rates for expedited service under our own account can be checked by calling our customer service department 1-253-777-0690 Ext. 3, Mon-Thurs, 8 am to 5 pm, PST or email at email@example.com. All of our X-Treme Scooters ship out of the X-Treme warehouse located in Washington State.
- Large items that ship by freight (the XB-504 & Cabo Cruiser) include Free Shipping to the nearest freight terminal or to a business address with a loading dock. (Home businesses do not qualify as a business address, business addresses must be to a commercial business location). A business address must have a loading dock to qualify for free shipping also, if it does not then they must pay the additional $30 fee for lift-gate delivery. Schools, resorts, camp grounds and hotels do not qualify for business delivery and may require additional shipping. Port/pier/dock deliveries are also subject to additional shipping. If your shipping address is to one of these locations your order will be placed on hold if additional shipping is required and you will be contacted for additional payment for those fees.
- Home delivery of freight orders is an additional $50 per order, not per item. This includes delivery to the customer’s residence outside/curbside to ground level. It does not include inside delivery or delivery inside an apartment complex to upper or lower levels. We strongly suggest customers pay for home delivery of these large freight items unless they are prepared to drive to the nearest terminal and load / unload these large heavy items themselves. The closest terminal may be more than 30+ miles away from the customer’s residence if they do not live in a major city where the carrier used has a terminal for pick up. We will automatically ship any terminal pick up shipment to the terminal that is less than 30 miles distance from the customer. If it is more than that you will be contacted with terminal information so that you can inform the customer and they can confirm they still wish to pick up. If the customer wishes to change to residential delivery after an item has shipped, there are additional fees subject to be charged besides the standard $50 fee.
- Any freight delivery that is not picked up at the terminal or refused by the customer is subject to all shipping charges (original charges that are included in purchase price and return shipping costs) being withheld from the refund.
- A phone number is required by the freight company so a delivery appointment can be made. Failure to provide this at the time of order may cause a delay in delivery as freight items will not be delivered without an appointment. A delay in delivery may also cause additional storage fees to accrue that will need paid prior to delivery.
- An additional $50 fee is also charged for shipping to New York City & Suburbs, Martha’s Vineyard and any island delivery within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Shipping cost is determined by 4 factors: ground, freight, delivery location, and zip code.
- $0.00 Extra Cost = If item being shipped within 48 states is a part. These ship via USPS, UPS or FedEx.
- If unit is shipped within 48 states by ground via UPS or FedEx.
- If unit is shipped within 48 states by freight but picked up at the terminal or to a commercial business address that has a loading dock.
- $30.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped within 48 states by freight to a business address that does not have a loading dock.
- $50.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped within 48 states by freight home delivery to customer’s residence.
- If unit is shipped by freight to terminal or a business address with loading dock in NYC Area, Martha’s Vineyard or Island Delivery within 48 contiguous United States.
- $80.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped by freight to business address without loading dock in NYC Area, Martha’s Vineyard or Island Delivery within 48 contiguous United States.
- $100.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipped by freight home delivery to NYC Area, Martha’s Vineyard or Island Delivery within 48 contiguous United States.
- $200.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipping to Canada by freight home delivery. Shipping only, customs & duties are paid by the recipient. See section on Canada for more info.
- $400.00 Extra Cost = If unit is shipping to Canada by ground (FedEx or UPS). Includes customs & duties fees. See section on Canada for more info.
- CALIFORNIA NO Gas Models (XG series) can be shipped to California for any reason. California has much stricter EPA regulations and our units do not meet all the required regulations for carb certification. Any order placed for an XG series unit to ship to California will be cancelled.
- APO ADDRESSES If a unit weighs more than 70 pounds it is unable to be shipped via USPS to a APO, as USPS is the only method to ship to APO they are unable to order bigger units. (It also can take 3-4 weeks for a unit to be shipped to an APO address).
- Units under 70 pound units are: City Express, Trail Maker, Trail Climber, X-Cursion, Newport, Malibu & Summit 48V
- Alaska, Hawaii and International Shipping: You will be contacted via email by one of our Customer Care Representatives with a specific shipping charge quote for your order.
- We do not ship to anywhere in Africa, Singapore, Greece, United Arab Emirates, Indonesia or Israel
- Note to international customers: You are responsible for any and all duties or taxes that may apply. (see details below)
- Customs, Duties, and Taxes: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to customs brokerage fees, import duties, and taxes after the shipment reaches the destination country. Additional charges are the responsibility of the recipient because we have no control over these government-imposed charges and cannot determine what they may be. Customs policies vary greatly among countries. Therefore, we cannot, and will not, offer advice about taxes in your country. We report the amount of the sale on the Customs form. Please do not ask us to claim less than the actual purchase amount. It is the customers responsibility to know the legality of the products ordered in their country. Do not order items that are illegal to import into your country. Laws are different in every country and we cannot keep up with them all. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of our products to your country.
- As the buyer, it is your responsibility to find out that information before you order. Please contact your local customs office for information.
- To avoid a delay in receiving your order from customs, consider the following:
- Provide us with a phone number where you can be reached by customs when your product arrives. This phone number will be listed on the commercial invoice so customs can reach you to clear your order.
- Please do not refuse a shipment or ignore requests from carriers regarding duty and/or tax liability charges. Be aware that most carriers will hold a shipment for 5 days after arrival in your country before they return it to the sender.
- We do not refund original shipping charges for goods that are refused for delivery at customs.
- We will deduct all additional fees resulting from refused international shipments from your refund.
- If we are charged for YOUR taxes and duties on the shipment or incur any penalty or lawsuit related to your order or shipment, we will post the charge to your credit card.
- If the package is seized by Customs for any reason and we do not receive the package back, we will NOT issue you a refund since, obviously, local laws and regulations determine the fate of the package. If we do receive the package back after being seized, you are still responsible for the shipping charges and any other fees plus penalties incurred.
- CANADA SHIPMENTS: Shipment of certain scooters into Canada is not possible, as Canadian DOT requirements are such that we'd have to manufacture a special scooter just to meet these regulations and this is not feasible at this time.
- Below is a list of the models that can be sent to Canada:
- Summit 48V, Rubicon 48V, Sedona 48V, Catalina 48V Santa Cruz 48V, City Express, TrailMaker, TrailClimber, X-Cursion, Newport, Malibu, Alpine, Sierra, XB-504, Cabo Cruiser (500w)
- Anything outside of the USA incurs additional shipping charges. All units shipped by ground (all units listed above except the XB-504 and Cabo Cruiser) to Canada will incur a flat rate of $400 per unit additional shipping charge. This includes shipping and customs/duties fees. Customer is not responsible for any additional fees associated with the delivery of their unit. All fees will be covered by the flat rate fee.
- All units shipped by freight (XB-504 and Cabo Cruiser) will incur a flat rate of $200 per unit additional shipping charger. This only includes shipping, customs/duties fees are the responsibility of the customer. Customer must arrange custom’s clearance with the broker of their choice and payment for those additional fees will need to be made prior to delivery. If a shipment crosses the Canadian border and the customer later refuses, all shipping fees and custom's fees already incurred will be deducted from the refund.
- We ship via UPS and Fedex for most electric bicycles, USPS for small parts and accessories, and Road Runner freight for mopeds and tricycles.
- We order signature required delivery on every order over $100. You will need to have someone over the age of 18 present at the time of delivery to accept the shipment.
- If you don't receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order confirmation, feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive.
- If there are any products damaged upon arrival, you can file a warranty claim to get replacement parts for anything that's damaged.
- If your item(s) do arrive damaged, please send photos to email@example.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- All orders canceled are subject to an administration fee equal to 15% of the total order amount, whether or not your order has shipped. This is a fee the manufacturer charges us because the items are custom assembled before each shipment to ensure quality control and safe packaging.
- If your item is on backorder and you accept the backorder, we will hold your payment until the electric bike ships. If you decide to cancel before a backorder arrives and is processed for shipping, we will not charge a fee.
- If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
- From time to time, a product may run out of stock at our warehouse and the website wasn't updated when you placed your order. In that case, we will send you an email right after you place your order notifying you of the backorder, what the expected time for arrival is, and what substitutes are available in case you are interested in getting a bike sooner.
- The expected arrival time may change due to unforeseen circumstances like a shipment getting held up at the port upon arrival or the factory missing a certain part needed to complete the manufacturing process.
- If the arrival time changes on your order, you can let us know whether you would like to keep the order, substitute for a different electric bicycle, or cancel the order altogether.
- Once back orders arrive, we will notify you by email with your estimated ship date and you will receive an email with tracking information within 1-3 business days.
If you have any further questions about the ordering and shipping process, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org